YFN LUCCI PROVIDES PROMISING INSTAGRAM UPDATE FROM ATLANTA JAIL
YFN Lucci may be behind bars, but that’s got nothing on as he continues with the pursuit of his rap career. On Thursday morning (June 10), YFN Lucci dropped an encouraging Instagram update for his 4.3 million followers — despite his current legal predicament.
“THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND CONTINUED SUPPORT,” he wrote. “I AM STILL INCARCERATED RIGHT NOW BUT AM MAINTAINING MY INNOCENCE. TO ALL MY FANS WHO HAVE CONTINUED TO SHOW LOVE & SUPPORT, I’LL HAVE SOME NEW MUSIC AND CONTENT ON THE WAY!” He added in the caption, “I appreciate all the support!”
YFN Lucci gave himself up to the authorities be taken into custody on May 10 after a warrant was issued for his arrest on racketeering charges. The 30-year-old artist was named in a 75-page, 105-count racketeering indictment focused on factions within the Bloods gang.
“This indictment is unprecedented. Period. In Georgia,” Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said last month. “There’s been a huge spike in violent crime. I made a commitment to bring the best and the brightest minds here, many of which you see sitting here right now so that we could deal with this issue of this violent crime.”
On June 1, a Fulton County superior court judge denied YFN Lucci bond and not even Lucci’s attorney Drew Findling’s “but he’s famous” argument would sway Judge Thomas Cox. “My client is, your honor, an incredibly successful artist that is very well known nationally and even internationally,” Findling said, to which Cox replied, “The defendant will remain in a no-bond status at this time. Additionally, this court revokes any bonds previously issued in this case.”
YFN Lucci is already facing an unrelated murder charge in connection to the shooting death of 28-year-old James Adams last December.